- Placement: Morning glories need at least 6-8 hours of sun daily and a support structure (lattice, fence, gazebo etc.) to allow young plants to climb.
- Soil: Use well-drained soil, and avoid Nitrogen-rich fertilizers which produce more leaves and fewer flowers.
- Remove any weeds/other garden debris from plant site.
- Pick your species. Click here to view a list of 15 morning glory varieties and purchase seeds.
- Nick pointed end with nail clipper and soak seeds in water for 12 hours prior to planting for increased germination rate.
- Plant outdoors in full sun, 1/2 inch deep in prepared soil, after the last frost and average daily temperature exceeds 65⁰F (18⁰C).
- Plant 6-8 seeds per foot of space. After sprouting, thin seedlings to 12 in apart.
- Keep soil moist while germinating.
- Seeds will germinate in 5-21 days.